Dotty Brothers Construction
We are hiring an experienced Residential Carpenter with knowledge of various carpentry techniques to join our growing team. A successful applicant should be motivated, hardworking, reliable, and have good communication and organizational skills.
A carpenter is an individual with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
The goal is to contribute to the construction and maintenance of strong and long-lasting homes, structures and products.
- Ability to operate tools, machines, and other equipment.
- Assisting with structural design, planning, layout, and installation and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Ability to assess the quality of woodwork and materials.
- Skilled in the measurement, cutting and shaping of materials for alterations.
- Installs walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
- Fits and installs window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, siding, interior and exterior trim.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground levels.
- Compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
Qualifications & Skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum of 5 years of residential carpentry experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction.
- Strong reading, writing, and speaking skills (in English.)
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow blueprints, technical diagrams, and schematics.
- Comfortable using ladders and scaffolding.
- Demonstrated ability to operate hand, air, and power tools.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, climb, pull, and lift 50 pound objects.
- Capable of receiving and following instructions and communicating with co-workers.
- Able to read and adhere to labels, safety warnings, and guidelines.
- Attentive to detail and always alert to ensure safety.
- Ability to multitask and have a strong work ethic.
- Competitive wages
- Weekly pay
- Full time employment with overtime availability
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Health insurance
If you are looking for a challenging & fulfilling career with a company that values your time & talent, please contact us.