Dotty Brothers Construction
We are hiring a detail-oriented, experienced architectural residential Drafter to join our growing team. A successful applicant should be a multitasker, self-motivated, hardworking, reliable, and have good written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
As a drafter, you should possess solid knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) software, and the ability to apply the fundamentals of sketching & design. A top-notch drafter will be someone whose drafting expertise contributes to structurally sound, aesthetically pleasing, strong and long lasting homes and structures.
- Analyzing building specifications, codes, and sites
- Use Softplan software to create technical, detailed, scale drawings, procedures and instructions for custom residential houses, additions, decks, remodels etc. from sketches, concepts, calculations, specifications and other data and complete drawings accurately, efficiently and to building codes and industry standards.
- Updating or changing plans based on customer changes
- Visiting construction sites to perform measurements and calculate dimensions as needed.
- Collaborating with architects, engineers and subcontractors to ensure adherence to building specifications and industry regulations and to meet project schedule and quality requirements
- Self-check all work performed to ensure accuracy prior to turning the plans over for construction
- Stay informed of the latest developments and technologies in architectural design.
Qualifications & Skills
- An Associate’s degree or certification program in architectural drafting, or similar
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite & Softplan Software
- 3 or more years of experience as a residential drafter
- In-depth knowledge of building design, specifications, codes, and structural analysis
- Ability to read, interpret and develop plans, scopes of work, specifications and other construction documents
- Mathematical aptitude and attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Great analytical, problem-solving and independent thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Continuously communicate with others to ensure requirements are met and projects are on schedule
- Demonstrate clear understanding of company and industry standards to develop first class designs
- Competitive wages
- Weekly pay
- Full time employment with overtime availability
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Health insurance
If you are looking for a challenging & fulfilling career with a company that values your time & talent, please contact us.